September 12th, 2021
Click here for the pre-race email that was sent on Tuesday, September 7th to all pre-registered participants
Looking to still register? Please see the dates, times, and locations below. Shirts are not guaranteed for onsite registrations. Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted. Cost is $100.
PACKET PICKUP AND REGISTRATION
FLEET FEET MECHANICSBURG (Silver Spring Square, 6416 Carlisle Pike #700, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050)
Thursday, September 9thth – 11:00AM-7:00PM
Friday, September 10th – 11:00AM-6:00PM
Saturday, September 11th – 10AM-1:30PM
Fleet Feet specials – buy 3 get 1 free socks and nutrition during all packet pickup times at the store!
RACE DAY ON CITY ISLAND
The UPMC Harrisburg Half is back, and we have some exciting news! We have been planning on using the course we used last year due to COVID, but we have received the necessary permits to use our 2019 course. This course lets you enjoy scenic views of gorgeous Harrisburg city and the Susquehanna river as you enjoy the company of other dedicated runners on their way to reaching their goals. Ready to run? Sign up for the UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg Half today!
REGISTRATION DETAILS AND FEES
- Participants must be 13 years old to register.
- There is no relay this year.
COST FOR THE RACE
Registration fees – Runners and Walkers
- August – $95
- September 1st to September 6th at 11:59pm – $100
Virtual Option – $65 (includes shirt, finisher medal and postage)
In the unlikely event that our permission to have an in-person event is rescinded, the 2021 UPMC Harrisburg Half will become a virtual race. You will have the option of participating in the virtual race and getting your race bag, bibs, and shirt OR a 50% refund.
As much as we would like to be considerate of our participants who may request a 100% refund, this event requires purchasing a significant amount of supplies in advance. If the YMCA were to give full refunds to all participants, this event would go from a fundraiser to a net loss of thousands of dollars for the YMCA during a time when all non-profits are struggling to continue operations.
We are giving 100% to have a safe, fun, and wonderful Harrisburg Half event in person, but if circumstances were to change due to concerns for the safety of our community outside of our control, we will provide additional instructions.
- You may defer to the 2022 race if needed. The cost is $20 and you need to do so by Tuesday, September 7th. Please click on this link to defer.
- FLEET FEET MECHANICSBURG (Silver Spring Square, 6416 Carlisle Pike #700, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050)
- Thursday, September 9thth – 11:00AM-7:00PM
- Friday, September 10th – 11:00AM-6:00PM
- Saturday, September 11th – 10AM-1:30PM
- Fleet Feet specials – buy 3 get 1 free socks and nutrition during all packet pickup times at the store!
- RACE DAY ON CITY ISLAND
- Please make every effort to get your race bib and shirt prior to race day.
START AND FINISH
- The starting line will be in front of the Carousel Pavilion on City Island
- The finish line will be on Front St just north of the Harvey Taylor Bridge at the intersection of Front St/Boas St.
UPDATED STARTING TIME FORMAT *NEW*
7:30am exactly – Group Start
- We will have a group start at 7:30am. This will include the male and female elites lining up at the starting line first.
End of group start to 7:45am – Rolling Start
- We will then leave the starting line open on a rolling basis until 7:45am.
- If anyone does not want to start with a group start, they can hang back for a bit and then start the race on a rolling basis after the main group start has cleared the starting line arch.
- We realize that not everyone feels comfortable with a group start, so any participant that wants to start with some extra space will be able to during this time.
We are excited to use the same course that debuted in 2019!
Please see the links below for course maps.
Our course is officially USA Track and Field certified (meaning it is measured to be 13.1 miles). The USATF Certification # is PA19028NP.
The Radisson Hotel Harrisburg has offered a special rate for half marathon participants! This hotel is located just a short drive away from the start/finish line on City Island.
Awards will be live!
Award Times and Locations
- Approximately 10am: awards for elites and age group categories 44 years old and younger at the DJ table by the finish line
- Approximately 11am: awards for age group categories 45 and above will be at approximately 11am at the DJ table at the finish line.
No duplicate awards.
All elite awards will be scored by gun time (no exceptions)
All age-group awards will be scored by chip time (no exceptions)
We will not be issuing prize money for this event.
- Overall male
- Overall female
- Overall male masters (40+)
- Overall female masters (40+)
Age Group Awards (first, second, and third place for male and female categories listed below)
- 19 and under
FINISHER MEDALS AND RACE SHIRTS
All finishers will receive a finisher medal and a race shirt. Race shirts are sponsored by Pennsylvania American Water!
Results will be posted to the Harrisburg Half page on FalconRaceTiming.com
The race will be timed by Falcon Race Timing using disposable chip timing. All race participants must cross the finish mat to register a time. Be sure to wear your bib on the front of your body during the race to ensure an accurate time as the chips will be attached to the back of these.
- All water stations will have 7oz bottles of water that participants can pick up as they run past.
- Gatorade will be served in cups with lids
- Participants are highly encouraged to use hydration packs and self-fuel, as well as bring gels.
Parking will be available on City Island for participants.
There is no official parking by the finish line, but participants and spectators are welcome to use street parking nearby.
There will be porta-potties at the start/finish line areas and throughout the course.
Not running but interested in helping out?
We need some extra volunteer help since we are holding this race over the course of two days! We need volunteers for the start line/finish line area, water stations on the course, and especially with directing runners on the route. We will provide comprehensive instructions. Most volunteer shifts are between approximately 2-4 hours.
We already have the best volunteers in the entire running community (not to brag =) so if you are interested, please contact Chip Hitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMS utility vehicles will be available along the course. EMTs will be available near the finish line on City Island. EMTs will be in contact with each water station in case of emergency.
Will there be food trucks?
- We will not be having food trucks this year.
Will there be food for participants after the race?
- Yes, we will have food available for participants following the race..
Can I register in-person?
- Yes, registration will be available during all packet pickup times and locations.
- Cost will be $100
Are awards chip-timed or gun-timed?
- All age group awards are chip-timed.
- This is because we are utilizing a corral format and not a gun-time format like usual.
Can I transfer my bib to someone?
- Yes, click here for instructions on how to transfer your bib to another runner.
- Transfer must be initiated by Sunday, September 5th and must be completed by Monday, September 6th by 11:59pm.
|Race Series Sponsor|
|Title Sponsor||T-Shirt Sponsor
|Potato Chip Sponsor||Running Store Sponsor
|Healthy Living Sponsor|